Monday, April 19, 2010

What a week

Its been one hell of a past week, and I have had a million things to do, but thank God I managed to pull thru, so let me run thru with you the things that I had to do this week.

1) Lessons
It was back to school again after a week's break over Easter, so it needed a bit of readjusting, although the Easter week was pretty much packed, and lessons started again, so had to get used to the usual lecturing and listening thing going on. I am realli happy I am left with just 6-7 weeks more of lectures an sitting down, and listening. Basically one-way input. Profs always say they want a proactive and interactive atmosphere, but at the end of the day its just a token question or two, and you spend most of it listening, so here's to a life of meetings, research and independent study. Realli looking forward to it. 60 more days!

2) Exams
Had two exams, Advanced Psych of sport, and Reserch Methods, and I came away from the paper feeling ok enough. Not supremely confident, but yeah at least I knew that I understood my stuff and did my best in answering, so overall it was ok. I struggle a bit in studying for advanced psych though cos of the limited time I had, I realise its tough when you have two papers, and you can't realli study hard for the later one cos you have your mind fixed on settling the first one. But yeah, a 4 hour sleep did the trick, and I hope I come away with decent results. I realise I have set myself high expectations, but I don't doubt they are achievable if I put in my best.

3) Running
This week's training saw about 61km worth of running, which I am fairly happy with, managed to do a negative split on most runs, and that's always an important thing to me. The 20km run on thursday was especially sweet as I broke under the 30min mark to reach the top of kings' park so that was good, although I think it was partly due to the fact that I realli whacked from the start. But yeah running is good, and it was a good ending to my pre-season part 1, so this week is gonna be a bit more relaxing before I go on pre-season part 2. By Sunday though as I was doing my recovery run, I could really feel myself struggle as the mileage for the week had taken its tool on me. That being said though, I am still a long way off from being able to run 2hour plus runs comfortably. But I will get there.

4) Soccer
At first I realli din want to play on Wednesday, cos of the exam on thursday, but when one of the players had to pull out, i really felt obliged to turn up for the team, especially since we have been getting stronger and found some form in the comp. Plus the fact that my Danish friend Soren could give me a lift there and back meant that I would have needed 1 hour of my time tops. It was a good decision and we won 6-2, which puts us nicely in the upper half of the table. Training on Sunday was also fun, cos all the regulars were around, and despite being quite exhausted from the whole week, I had a good training, and enjoyed myself. I am quite sad to be leaving the team in like 6-7 weeks time, especially since I may not come during the finals exam period.

5) Work from home
I had some stuff to settle from home, I actully have been working on a contract basis with projects from home since I have been here, and had some fine-tuning to do with this project which is especially tedious cos its government related, so yeah really had a lot of things to settle. Also had to settle some recommendation letters but it was all good. Recc. letters are easy to right because most of the time you write them for the people you genuninely like and respect so the words just flow.

All in all it was a heck of a week, and I really tried my best to chill out and lay back a little during the weekend. Right now back in school its back to the hard work but I am taking it in my stride. I think it really makes a difference to be able to do something one loves, cos it builds up a certain amount of resilience in yourself. I ask myself, would I want to be studying anything else? The answer is no.

Hope everyone is well in the meantime.

Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home