Friday, April 23, 2010

A game to remember

Just thought that I'd write a short entry on the futsal game i had on Wednesday, before its lost from my memory, what with all the other things going on around me. That day our game was against the Raiderz, who were like 4th, so we knew we were up for a tough opponent and an important game.

But yeah it was a game to remember for me cos I scored two goals, one with my left foot, and the other with a bicycle kick. Haha yeah, seriously, I couldnt believe it, that I managed to do it again. I think some of you reading may remember that I had actually done one in the UWA season last semester, and I remember saying that I don't think I will ever do it again in my life.

BUT!

Well it all fell into place, we seemed quite relaxed that day, although I wasn't sure if it was cos we were confident, or it was because we were taking things too easy. We conceeded a goal in like the first 30 seconds, a deflection off steve took ashley the wrong way, and we were down in a matter of seconds. Not a good start.

My first goal was a tap in, after Soren shot fiercely from the right flank, I remember telling myself to stand closely in hope of sticking my foot in, but the keeper got a hand to it. Luckily though, I didn't switch off, and managed to use my left foot to sidefoot it home from close range. I am really happy with how much less scared I am of using my left foot these days. I must admit its still pretty shit, but at least I am not scared of using it anymore, and I know if I continue trying, I will get better at it.

The second goal came, as the defence pushed up and I sneaked behind them. Of cos in futsal there is no offside, so it was basically me and the keeper. My back was facing the keeper cos I wanted to see where the ball was, and Soren chipped the ball high into the D. As the ball was in the air, I knew that the only thing I could do was to bicycle kick it, cos if I turned and volleyed it I would probably end up hitting the keeper, who would be out to claim it. This time round though it was harder cos the ball was coming from a height. Last semester I chested the ball up, so I somehow had some control over the ball prior to the kick, but this time round I had to try and get it in the air.

So i tried, and it caught the tip of my toe, i collapsed in a heap of cos, turned around and saw the ball in the net, the keeper had been going one way, and I had managed to send him the other way. Was really really happy, and JT went all the way to my side just to give me a high-five.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to blow my own horn but I just wanna keep these memories in my blog, so that when I read it a few years from now, I can feel happy and look back on these fond memories. Isn't that the purpose of a blog anyways? Like a diary to look back upon and cherish?

I really am enjoying playing at Lords and with the guys. Its funny cos they are so much bigger than I am, and all European, and the opponents are all caucasians as well, yet at the same time, I feel good cos I am improving. I've never been really good at futsal, or small-sided games, but I think joining the team and playing in the comp has been good exposure for me. More importantly the physical nature of the game has made me a stronger player, and I have been able to apply it to trainings on Sunday.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself, to be able to play soccer so often, and pursue a high level of education, it feels nice.

I'll leave it right here for now.

Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home